Skip to main content

"Black Christmas" (2019)


Whatever.
At first glance, before you start the trailer, you'd think it would be a Madea movie, or one of those black holiday comedies starring Queen Latifah and Taye Diggs. Instead, it's a rehash of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island. Sacrificing a sorority to preserve the college's soul? Come on, man, that's been done. (This was before I found out that it's a reboot.)
Also, I am starting to get sick of horror, disaster, and crime movies taking place on Christmas. Die Hard did it, and it was awesome. But Die Hard 2 did it, and it was not fun anymore. What doesn't help is that we keep doing it. I Am Legend, Iron Man 3, Silent Night Deadly Night, the one where Santa is evil, Krampus. Go ruin another holiday. There are no Thanksgiving movies. Start killing people then. Have someone light up near a Macy's Thanksgiving Parade balloon and explode a whole block.
In theaters: December 13, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Alita: Battle Angel"

I can't tell if this is live action or if this a video game. It looks fake as sh*t. Is this why Avatar 2  is being pushed back now TEN YEARS? I'm starting to wonder if I'm feeling the same anticipation as Terminator fans between the first and second movie. I'm getting bored of that franchise. I'm getting off track. I know James Cameron isn't the director. I didn't grow up with manga and anime, so I'm not as excited as I should. But it looks like it's going to be another Americanized flop. In theaters: February 14, 2019

"Black Widow"

Think Avengers: Endgame is the current pinnacle of this franchise? Think again. With the demise of Black Widow, I have questions about how they're going to make a Black Widow movie if she's dead. I did read that this takes place between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War . So there's that, I guess. Also, I'm feeling Umbrella Academy vibes here as we will likely be diving more into the Black Widow training that made Natasha who she is today. We find out where Chief Hopper went though. He escaped through the Upside Down and is now leading a life as a superhero of some sort. Or villain. Who knows at this point? In theaters: May 1, 2020 Click image to view URL.

"Klaus"

Netflix must have read my post on The Christmas Chronicles because here comes another Santa Claus movie, and I'm rather excited for it. I kept having vibes of the early days of 2000s animation with films like The Prince of Egypt , The Road to El Dorado , and Fox Animation's Anastasia , so it kind of hit me there with nostalgia. It also felt like the remake of the Ranken & Bass story we deserve. If this doesn't get nominated for Best Animated Feature, I'll be very disappointed. In theaters: November 8, 2019 Released On Netflix: November 15, 2019