Skip to main content

"Dark Phoenix"

I've seen all the X-Men movies, so I am up to date.


So, they bring back the B plot of The Last Stand, great.
If I remember correctly, Storm turned against Apocalypse because he was harming Mystique, who was considered a hero for saving the president. So Jean is now the enemy since she hurt Mystique and likely killed her. Along with that Emma Frost lookalike that's probably played by Charlize Theron (it's Jessica Chastain, sorry).
Charles is sounding more like Patrick Stewart. I wonder if he is involved by having him do some voice work to age Charles.
I really hope it all works out for the X-Men; the fabled Dark Phoenix saga needs to happen, and it needs to be good. Let's see if Fox can finally crack the formula on making a good X-Men movie. And it might happen. I just learned from a WatchMojo video that Captain Marvel has her fingers dipped in every group in the Marvel Universe, the Avengers, X-Men, Defenders, and she even creates new ones.
So, it took them twenty years, but let's hope it works.

In Theaters: June 7, 2019



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break!

Since theaters are closed and movie premieres are being pushed back because of the Coronavirus, I will be taking a break reviewing upcoming movies. When the pandemic subsides, I will return to looking at new movies. In the meantime, stay safe, avoid contact as much as you can, and stay home if you're unwell. We will get through this together. Click image to view URL.