Skip to main content

"Dumbo" (2019)

This is different from anything I've seen by Tim Burton. There's no singing skeletons, no Johnny Depp mangling children, no Helena Bonham Carter bobble heads. But like other film adaptations, this film is far from the original source material.
Dumbo was originally separated from his mother because she was violent to circusgoers. In this movie, Casey Junior and Company decided to take Dumbo away to make money off of his flying ability. Instead of Timothy Mouse and Jim Crow, the latter probably a good thing, Dumbo has two circus children to keep him company.
I'm concerned because this movie is kind of a treasure to me despite being a little racist. While everyone else is b*tching about The Lion King, I'm complaining about this movie. I was not impressed with Beauty and the Beast, so I'm worried this will fail to capture the magic as well.
Plus, Dumbo's paint in this one is giving me nightmares.
In theaters: March 29, 2019


Click image to view URL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break!

Since theaters are closed and movie premieres are being pushed back because of the Coronavirus, I will be taking a break reviewing upcoming movies. When the pandemic subsides, I will return to looking at new movies. In the meantime, stay safe, avoid contact as much as you can, and stay home if you're unwell. We will get through this together. Click image to view URL.